Support for the Bereaved and their Families
We are aware that bereavement is a very personal and family time and we are not here to impose on your privacy but there are times when help is needed – after a death, before or after the funeral, even months or years after a loved one has died.
- A listening service for those who feel the need to talk about their loved ones who have died, including loss by miscarriage and stillbirth.
- Visiting for those who need support and reassurance.
- Support/confidential talk at other times (by arrangement).
- Rosary with the family before the funeral (by arrangement).
- A Special Mass – November 2nd, the feast of All Souls, celebrated for all parishioners who have died during the year. Candles are lit in thanksgiving for the lives of the deceased as their names are read aloud.
- St. John Vianney Meeting Room 1st Tuesday at 2 – 4pm
- St. John Vianney Meeting Room last Friday 11am – 1pm
The Bereavement Care Team is here to help all our parishioners, and others, who may need support and comfort.