Support for the Bereaved and their Families
We are aware that bereavement is a very personal and family time and we are not here to impose on your privacy but there are times when help is needed – after a death, before or after the funeral, even months or years after a loved one has died.
- A listening service for those who feel the need to talk about their loved ones who have died, including loss by miscarriage and stillbirth. *
- Visiting for those who need support and reassurance. *
- Support/confidential talk at other times (by arrangement).
- Rosary with the family before the funeral (by arrangement). *
- A Special Mass – November 2nd. the feast of All Souls, celebrated for all parishioners who have died during the year. Candles are lit in thanksgiving for their lives as their names are read out.
- Drop-in – St John Vianney Meeting Room –
last Friday of the month 10.30-12.30.
* Will resume when Covid 19 rules permit
The Bereavement Care Team is here to help all our parishioners,
and others, who may need support and comfort.
Confidentiality is maintained at all times by all team members unless someone is seen to be at risk.